Business owners explain why they chose Prescott as their new home
Prescott is a rapidly developing riverfront community and Vista Croix represents the last significant real estate development opportunity on the lower St. Croix. Here is what some of newest business owners have to say about why they decided to set up shop in Prescott.
I grew up in the St. Croix river valley and my restaurant group owns some other dining and hospitality businesses in the Hudson, WI area. We see Prescott as an up and coming community for travel and tourism and wanted to be at the forefront of the development and improvements that are being invested in the riverfront area of the city. With its small-town charm and close proximity to the Twin City metro area we are excited for the future. - Matthew Hoerning Twin Rivers Bar & Grill
Having grown up in Prescott, this city offers a short drive destination for Twin City residents who want to experience a friendly, small-town atmosphere with great dining and shopping, along the beautiful St. Croix River. Local residents are extremely loyal to area businesses and welcoming to bikers, boaters and visitors any time of the year; and we receive a great deal of support from the area Chamber of Commerce who is very active in the community.” - Paula Weisbeck No Name Saloon
Prescott is a quaint rivertown that is in close proximity to the large metropolitan area of Minneapolis and St. Paul, making it convenient for visitors who want to escape the big city. The small town atmosphere offers an inviting location for new businesses where local residents are freindly and supportive, not to mention the appeal the beautiful St. Croix riverfront provides for visitors to enjoy year round. - Yuanting Boutsavath Prescott Roadhouse
Small-town charm minutes from the Twin Cities
New and On-going Projects in Prescott
- The city of Prescott will be starting a complete renovation of the downtown riverfront in 2021, starting with a new courtesy dock and landing, along with improved parking, new benches, lighting and signage.
- The Twin Rivers Bar & Grill, formerly Boat Drinks, is opening in the spring of 2021. That offers a full menu and live bands on the weekends.
- Prescott Road House have purchased the lot next to their location and will be expanding the footprint of their building and adding 4 season outdoor seating.
- StageCoach Trucking is planning to expand their business by adding two large buildings, in addition to remodeling 3 single family home lots to accommodate new businesses. The city has made improvements to this area by bringing sewer and water to this part of town.
- Nottingham Construction is remodeling the vacant hospital into an assisted living and memory care facility; with over 35 new units that are scheduled to be completed late 2022.
- The Palmetto Subdivision has begun construction on the first of 66 homes, consisting of both single family and twin homes. Ranging in price from $280,000 to $360,000.
- Just south of downtown on Highway 35 there are plans for a 50 unit privately owned large condo storage facility.
- The 2nd phase of the Great Rivers Subdivision is set to get underway later this Spring and have plans for up to 50 single family lots and homes that range in price from $300,000 to $600,000.